Season 1, Episode 13
Episode 13 – Exploring Toxic Masculinity with Garth Sam
THURSDAY DECEMBER 6TH 2018
⧚ In this day and age, at this unique moment in history, there is an urgent call for men to begin to release the toxic patriarchal programs within themselves, that have been instilled in them since birth, if we are to reach a greater sense of unity and harmony on this planet. What do I mean by that?
Here is are examples of Toxic Masculinity
* The pervasive idea of male-female interactions as competition, not cooperation.
* The idea that all women are cheaters, hoes and bitches and cannot be trusted
* The pervasive idea that men cannot truly understand women, and vice versa–and following, that no true companionship can be had between different sexes.
* The expectation that Real Men are strong, and that showing emotion is incompatible with being strong. Anger is either framed as the exception to the rule or as not an emotion.
* Relatedly, the idea that a Real Man cannot be a victim of abuse, or that talking about it is shameful.
* Men are just like that: the expectation that Real Men are keenly interested in sex, want to have sex, and are ready to have sex most if not all times. The myth that men are not interested in parenting, and are inherently unsuited to be single parents.
* discourages men from becoming involved in the lives of their children.
* encourages household inequality, which hurts all involved.
* assumes that in case of divorce, children will go with their mothers, instead of examining each situation individually.
Not only does toxic masculinity shackle men to misogyny, but these socio-cultural programs also undermine the true essence of the Divine Masculine Archetypal Energy and in doing so, undermines a man’s spiritual progress and his ability to truly connect to other men and create healthy and fruitful relationships with women.
My guest Garth Sam is an accomplished leader here in the Toronto area who has shifted onto a profound journey to pioneer a way to support men on their journey to growing their self-awareness, healing these toxic programs and stepping more into their authenticity. On today’s show, we are going to dive deep into exploring what Toxic Masculinity is and how to begin the healing process. ⧚
What is toxic masculinity? What behavioral programs have been reinforced by our society that is unhealthy and damaging to relationships?
Hosts & Guests
Producer Jamaal Goree
Big thank you to all of my supporters for supporting this work, giving me encouragement and sending me love. I’m so grateful.
Get This Episode
Season 1, Episode 8 Exploring Archetypes – The Soulpreneurs Guide to Unlocking their Purpose and Power PT 2 with Beth MartensTHURSDAY OCTOBER 18TH 2018⧚ On last weeks show we were diving deep into the mysterious world of archetypes, exploring the idea of traveling...
Season 1, Episode 7 Exploring Archetypes - The Soulpreneurs Guide to Unlocking their Purpose and Power with Beth MartensTHURSDAY OCTOBER 18TH 2018On this weeks show, we will be diving deep into the mysterious world of archetypes. Since ancient times, our ancestors...